The TOPS Philosophy
TOPS doesn’t pay celebrities to endorse us, and we don’t promise quick fixes or promote unrealistic images of the “perfect” body. TOPS focuses on making small, steady life style changes that provide lasting weight loss and better health. That’s what we mean by Real People. Real Weight Loss ®
TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly, and we’ve helped millions of people to do that over the last 60+ years. We’re nonprofit and noncommercial, which means that we keep our costs low and we don’t accept any outside advertising. We offer a network of thousands of weight-loss support groups across the United States and Canada. These groups, called chapters, provide a judgment-free zone where real people learn how they can make changes and get the support they need to reach their goals.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Each member has a private weigh-in before the meeting.
- Meeting starts with members sharing challenges, successes, or goals (if they want).
- There’s a brief program. TOPS gives each chapter engaging, professionally prepared programs covering a variety of health and wellness topics.
- Awards go to weekly or monthly best losers, contest winners, and members who’ve reached goal!
- When needed, there’s a quick business meeting before the closing.
- Meeting closes with a thought for the week or other inspirational activity.
TOPS meets at the Inside Out Recovery Ministry Center on Thursday nights
Weigh In: 6:00 pm
Meeting: 6:30 pm
Everyone is welcome to attend.
For more information please contact:
Alice Ann Courtney at 812-442-1502
Please park on the East (Right) side of the building around back. Enter through the gate in the middle of the chain link fence and enter the double doors on your left.